Haverty (HVT) Q3 Comps Increased 1.2%
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Havertys (NYSE: HVT) reported sales for the quarter ended September 30, 2016.
Havertys sales for the third quarter 2016 increased 0.8% to $211.7 million, compared with $209.9 million for the third quarter of 2015. On a comparable store basis, sales for the quarter rose 1.2%. Comparable store sales do not include locations opened, closed or otherwise non-comparable during the last 12 months. Sales for the first nine months of 2016 totaled $601.0 million, compared with $589.0 million in 2015, representing an increase of 2.0%. On a comparable store basis, sales rose 1.9% for the first nine months.
Total written sales for the third quarter of 2016 increased 2.6% and written comparable store sales rose 3.0% over the same period last year.
|Sales in Millions(unaudited)||TotalSales% Change||ComparableStore Sales% Change|
Clarence H. Smith, chairman, president and CEO, said, “Our increase in written business during the third quarter was driven by robust results around the major holidays and an ebbing during the remaining periods. The occasional, dining, accessories, and upholstery product categories led the year over year sales increases for the third quarter. Our in-home designers have helped increase sales of custom upholstery, rugs and other accessories, building larger sales tickets and significantly improving opportunities for repeat and referral business.
"We closed an older location in Southeast Florida in August as customers are now served by newer stores. Our College Station, Texas store opened in late August and a Charlottesville, Virginia location will open next week, both are in new markets for Havertys.”
The Company will release third quarter 2016 financial results on Monday, October 31, 2016, after the market closes. Havertys will host a conference call with analysts and investors on Tuesday, November, 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM (ET).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Flowers Foods (FLO) Refutes Analyst Commentary on Legal Standing
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!