Harris Corp. (HRS) to Sell CapRock Communications to SpeedCast for $425M
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) and SpeedCast International Limited (ASX: SDA) today announced a definitive agreement under which SpeedCast will acquire Harris’ CapRock Communications commercial business for $425 million in cash. Proceeds from the transaction will be used to pay down debt and return cash to shareholders. The transaction is subject to regulatory review and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the first calendar quarter of 2017.
“One of Harris’ key priorities over the past several years has been to reshape our portfolio and focus on businesses where technology is a differentiator,” said William M. Brown, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “The sale of CapRock, which has been underway since early this calendar year, demonstrates our execution against this objective and will create value for shareholders. We will continue to optimize our portfolio to become a more focused company positioned for long-term growth.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Alere (ALR) Comments on Abbott (ABT) Complaint; Believes Suit is 'Without Merit'
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!