Harris Corp. (HRS) to Sell CapRock Communications to SpeedCast for $425M
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) and SpeedCast International Limited (ASX: SDA) today announced a definitive agreement under which SpeedCast will acquire Harris’ CapRock Communications commercial business for $425 million in cash. Proceeds from the transaction will be used to pay down debt and return cash to shareholders. The transaction is subject to regulatory review and other customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the first calendar quarter of 2017.
“One of Harris’ key priorities over the past several years has been to reshape our portfolio and focus on businesses where technology is a differentiator,” said William M. Brown, chairman, president and chief executive officer. “The sale of CapRock, which has been underway since early this calendar year, demonstrates our execution against this objective and will create value for shareholders. We will continue to optimize our portfolio to become a more focused company positioned for long-term growth.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Curtiss-Wright (CW) to Acquire Teletronics Technology in $233M Cash Deal
- Mondelez Int'l (MDLZ) Seen as Kraft Heinz's (KHC) Next Logical Takeover Target - Credit Suisse
- OCI N.V. Offers to Acquire Remaining OCI Partners (OCIP) Common Units
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!