Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO) Says FDA Accepted Genentech's BLA For Subcutaneous Formulation of Rituximab
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: HALO) today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has accepted Genentech's Biologics License Application for a subcutaneous formulation of rituximab in multiple blood cancer indications. This is a co-formulation with Halozyme's proprietary recombinant human hyaluronidase enzyme (ENHANZE™ platform), approved and marketed under the MabThera® SC brand in countries outside the U.S.
"We are excited to see Genentech and Roche taking steps to bring a subcutaneous formulation of rituximab to patients in the United States," said Dr. Helen Torley, president and chief executive officer. "If approved, this formulation has the potential to reduce administration time for patients and health care practitioners."
Including all approved indications, Roche reported total 2015 sales of rituximab in the United States of 3.76 billion CHF.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!