HTG Molecular Diagnostics (HTGM), QIAGEN (QGEN) Unit to Develop NGS-Based Diagnostics Solution
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
HTG Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. (Nasdaq: HTGM) and QIAGEN Manchester Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of QIAGEN N.V. (Nasdaq: QGEN). This Agreement creates a framework for both companies to combine their technological and commercial strengths with the goal to offer pharmaceutical companies a complete NGS-based solution for the development and commercialization of companion diagnostics, with a focus in oncology. Together with the parties’ entry into the Agreement, QIAGEN North American Holdings, Inc., another QIAGEN subsidiary, made a minority investment in HTG’s common stock.
“We are very impressed with QIAGEN’s Sample to Insight philosophy and quickly envisioned development and commercial synergies through our combined efforts with pharma,” said TJ Johnson, HTG’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our objective is to develop a complete NGS solution from biomarker discovery to commercialized companion diagnostics and we believe this agreement accelerates both companies’ efforts. We are excited to offer this solution to customers,” added Mr. Johnson.
“HTG’s extraction free technology can add attractive capabilities to QIAGEN’s NGS‑based Sample to Insight solutions for applications in pathology where sample often is limited,” said Kai te Kaat, Vice President, Head of Franchise Oncology, Molecular Diagnostics Business Area at QIAGEN. “The addition of HTG’s technology to our Sample to Insight GeneReader NGS system, and augmented by QIAGEN’s capabilities across NGS workflows, will enable our pharma partners to successfully profile patients including settings where only low sample amounts are available. This capability is of interest in many indication areas but primarily in oncology and immune-oncology applications.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Offers pre-Specificed Subgroup Analysis of FALCON Trial; PFS Seen as Largely Consistent
- Bunge Limited (BG) Names Thomas Boehlert CFO
- Duke Energy Renewables Announces Acquisition of Victory Solar Power Project (DUK)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!