Granite Construction (GVA) Receives $39M Contract for Northgate Station Construction
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Granite Construction Incorporated (NYSE: GVA) announced today that it has been awarded a $39 million sub-contract by Absher Construction Company to construct the Northgate Station in Seattle, Washington. The project will be booked in Granite’s third quarter 2016 backlog.
Scope of work includes the construction of a half-mile of elevated rail structure and associated work. The new station will provide access to the transit center, adjacent park-and-ride facilities, North Seattle Community College, local shopping and nearby homes and businesses.
The Northgate Station project is part of the light rail improvements for Sound Transit’s growing public transit network. Sound Transit plans, builds and operates express bus, light rail and commuter train services throughout King, Pierce and Snohomish counties.
Construction is scheduled to begin in October 2016 and is scheduled to be complete by December 2018. For more information visit the Sound Transit website.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Trading Radar for 10/28: MasterCard (MA), Goodyear Tire (GT), Chevron (CVX), ExxonMobil (XOM), Xerox (XRX) Report
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Says Offshore Nigeria Oil Discovery Has 500M to 1B Barrels of Oil
- Avid Technology (AVID) Enters Licensing Agreement with Nexidia for Media, Entertainment Rights
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!