Grainger (GWW) Reports 4% Increase in Daily Sales for August 2016
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Grainger (NYSE: GWW) reported sales results for the month of August 2016. Company daily sales increased 4 percent in August of 2016 versus August of 2015. The sales growth included a 3 percentage point contribution from Cromwell Group (Holdings) Limited, acquired September 1, 2015, and a 1 percentage point increase from favorable foreign exchange. Excluding acquisitions and foreign exchange, organic sales were flat consisting of a 1 percentage point contribution from sales of seasonal products offset by a 1 percentage point decline in price. The month of August 2016 had 23 selling days, two more than the previous year. The 2016 third quarter will have 64 selling days, the same as the 2015 third quarter.
August Sales by Segment
2016 v. 2015
-16% in local currency
+36% in local currencies / +11% organic
Please visit www.grainger.com/investor to access a recorded message with additional details about August 2016 sales. Grainger is scheduled to report third quarter earnings on Tuesday, October 18, 2016, at 7:30 a.m. EDT.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Weingarten Realty Investors (WRI) Reports In-Line 3Q
- Cohu (COHU) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
- Applied Micro Circuits (AMCC) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!