Google Acquires API.AI
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Alphabet's (Nasdaq: GOOG) Google is acquiring API.AI.
API.AI posted the following to its blog on Monday:
We are excited to announce that API.AI is joining Google!
It has been a long and fun journey. Since API.AI’s launch in 2014, we’ve been constantly impressed by the fast and energetic adoption of the technology from people building conversational interfaces for chatbots, connected cars, smart home devices, mobile applications, wearables, services, robots and more. Our vision has been to make technology understand and speak human language and help developers build truly intelligent conversational interfaces for their products and services. The best part of our day is hearing from our diverse community and how they are using API.AI to create truly innovative, practical and inspirational products that will reshape how we live and work in the future.
What does this mean to you? We’re excited for you to continue using our developer platform to build conversational user interfaces. Joining Google will allow us to accelerate improvements to the platform and service our growing developer community in ways we’ve always dreamed. With Google’s knowledge, infrastructure and support, we can make sure you get access to the best available technologies and developments in AI and machine learning.
As we start this next chapter, we want to express how truly grateful we are to our customers, developers, partners, employees, advisors and investors. We can’t wait to continue working with you and could not have gotten to this point without your support.We cannot thank you enough.
We hope you are as excited as we are with what’s to come at Google and value your continued support.
Sincerely, Ilya Gelfenbeyn, CEO
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synacor (SYNC) Contract with Google (GOOGL) Extended Through Feb 28, 2018
- Qualcomm (QCOM) Thrashed as Apple (AAPL) Lawsuit Threatens Licensing Business Model
- DuPont (DD), Dow Chemical (DOW) Said to Buy More Time to Fine-Tune EU Concessions - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Insiders' Blog, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!