Gogo (GOGO) Begins Allowing Usage of Approved, Third-Party Routers
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Gogo Business Aviation (NASDAQ: GOGO) has embarked on an initiative to enable operators, dealers and installers to equip their aircraft with approved routers from third-party manufacturers that best suit their individual needs and preferences on the Gogo Biz network. The move is part of a larger initiative to provide a more open ecosystem, enabling a wider array of router options for customers to choose from.
"Gogo is at the forefront of the aircraft connectivity space, and with many aircraft-approved routers now available in the marketplace, we have created a process to offer our customers additional options – giving them the power to select a router that meets their specific needs," said Sergio Aguirre, senior vice president of product management and business development for Gogo. "By opening the router to other providers, we've streamlined the ability for our customers to leverage Gogo's world-class network and interoperate with our solutions for the best possible experience."
Going forward, customers will be allowed to select a router from a list of authorized providers. Gogo will work closely with third-party manufacturers to test and approve routers that will interface with Gogo's suite of air-to-ground products. To ensure the highest quality user experience, providers will be fully evaluated and type certified on Gogo's system.
"We have always stood up for our customers and we will continue to advocate for the best customer experience possible," said David Glenn, vice president of customer operations. "An open router environment allows us to continue to build on the standard of excellence our customers expect."
For router providers interested in working with Gogo, contact customer service at +1-303-301-3278 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- Amaya (AYA) Sees Higher 2016 Revs, EBITDA, EPS; CFO Daniel Sebag to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!