Gogo (GOGO), Phasor Enter in-Flight Connectivity R&D Partnership
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- UnitedHealth Group (UNH) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Affirms Outlook
- Oil rises on weaker dollar, Saudi commitment to cut output
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Gogo (Nasdaq: GOGO) and Phasor, a developer of innovative, modular, electronically steerable antennas (ESAs), have announced a research and development partnership for application of their technology to the in-flight connectivity market.
"Gogo is committed to offering our aviation partners a roadmap for the future that will bring the most bandwidth at lower costs to the aero market," said Gogo's president and CEO, Michael Small. "Whether it's satellite advancements, new modem technologies or best in class antenna technologies, our focus is on what's best for aviation, and Phasor is developing ground-breaking satellite antenna innovations for the aero market."
Phasor's very low profile, electronically-steerable antenna products are based on well-established semiconductor fabrication techniques, and enable signal tracking with no moving parts. The antenna architecture is inherently modular, which allows the system to be scaled to various sizes and dimensions depending on the demands of the application, making this antenna technology particularly attractive for smaller aircraft.
"Gogo is a technology leader in the in-flight connectivity market, and we are very pleased to partner with them so that together we may address the burgeoning demand for communications in the aeronautical broadband sector," said David Helfgott, CEO of Phasor. "Phasor's breakthrough technology is powerful and flexible and can therefore facilitate multiple in-flight connectivity applications. We look forward to working closely with the Gogo team to better serve this important and growing market."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Pandora (P) Sees Beating Q4 Guidance, to Reduce Employee Base
- Rocky Brands (RCKY) CFO Resigns; Mike Staude Appointed Interim CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!