Gogo (GOGO), Phasor Enter in-Flight Connectivity R&D Partnership
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Gogo (Nasdaq: GOGO) and Phasor, a developer of innovative, modular, electronically steerable antennas (ESAs), have announced a research and development partnership for application of their technology to the in-flight connectivity market.
"Gogo is committed to offering our aviation partners a roadmap for the future that will bring the most bandwidth at lower costs to the aero market," said Gogo's president and CEO, Michael Small. "Whether it's satellite advancements, new modem technologies or best in class antenna technologies, our focus is on what's best for aviation, and Phasor is developing ground-breaking satellite antenna innovations for the aero market."
Phasor's very low profile, electronically-steerable antenna products are based on well-established semiconductor fabrication techniques, and enable signal tracking with no moving parts. The antenna architecture is inherently modular, which allows the system to be scaled to various sizes and dimensions depending on the demands of the application, making this antenna technology particularly attractive for smaller aircraft.
"Gogo is a technology leader in the in-flight connectivity market, and we are very pleased to partner with them so that together we may address the burgeoning demand for communications in the aeronautical broadband sector," said David Helfgott, CEO of Phasor. "Phasor's breakthrough technology is powerful and flexible and can therefore facilitate multiple in-flight connectivity applications. We look forward to working closely with the Gogo team to better serve this important and growing market."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
- MyoKardia (MYOK) Receives $25M Milestone Related to MYK-491 Development (SNY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!