Gogo (GOGO), Constant Aviation Partners on 4G STC Development
- ECB to scale back asset buys as it extends to end-2017
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Wall Street set to open flat after record day
- Oil rallies over $50 despite OPEC output cut doubts
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
As Gogo Business Aviation (Nasdaq: GOGO) continues toward its scheduled launch of its 4G service in the first half of 2017, Constant Aviation will be one of the first Gogo dealers to develop Supplemental Type Certificates (STCs) for the new system.
Constant, a full-service maintenance, repair and overhaul Gogo dealer, will develop STCs for Embraer 145 Series Shuttle, Legacy 600/650, Gulfstream V, and Phenom 300 aircraft, and will participate as a partner for hardware sales and installations on other business aircraft.
"Our clients are eager for the increased capability Gogo's 4G network will deliver for inflight connectivity and entertainment," said Jay Rizzo, vice president of sales at Constant Aviation. "The new technology we will be installing, operating on Gogo's proven, reliable network, will enable business travelers to get more done while inflight and promises a great value."
Gogo will provide a reliable 4G experience with superior connectivity for passengers over existing technologies. The new service will include services such as Gogo Vision, providing the latest movies, TV, flight tracker, weather reports, and additional features; Gogo Text & Talk, allowing passengers to call and text with their personal smart phones and mobile numbers; streaming video and audio; as well as face-to-face conversations with a user's favorite applications; email with attachments; and web browsing – on a proven network in the continental U.S. and large portions of Alaska and Canada.
"Constant Aviation continues to be a trusted partner with expertise and a sterling reputation of delivering great service to its clients," said Andy Geist, senior vice president of business aviation solutions for Gogo. "We are pleased to partner with Constant Aviation as we continue to progress toward the launch of our 4G service in 2017, and our next generation network in 2018."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Qualcomm (QCOM), Microsoft (MSFT) Enter Collaboration for Windows 10 on Snapdragon-Powered Mobile Devices
- St. Jude Medical (STJ) Gets CE Mark for Proclaim SCS System Conditional Labeling
- Dermira (DERM) Announces CIMZIA Phase 3 Met co-Primary Efficacy Endpoints in Certain Plaque Psoriasis
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!