Glu Mobile (GLUU) Announces Acquisition of Poke Radar for ~$500k
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Glu Mobile Inc. (NASDAQ: GLUU) announced the acquisition of community-driven App, Poke Radar.
Built by a small team of Pokemon GO enthusiasts and relying on information submitted by its community of users – Poke Radar’s mission is to help players of the year’s most popular mobile game “catch ‘em all.” That team will join Glu Mobile and continue to offer its community the same experience they love. Having worked on the development of other apps with millions of downloads worldwide, the Poke Radar team will continue their innovative work as part of Glu.
“I am thrilled to welcome such a talented team of developers to the Glu Mobile family,” said Niccolo de Masi, Glu Chairman and CEO. “Poke Radar is a unique property which was built swiftly and in a nimble manner. I look forward to the significant contributions we expect this team to make at Glu.”
“I and the rest of the Poke Radar team couldn’t be more excited about joining the Glu Mobile team,” said Poke Radar Co-Founder Braydon Batungbacal. “We built Poke Radar with a lean team from the ground up and are excited to see what the future brings with the support of such a respected publisher behind us.”
Glu has agreed to pay total cash consideration of $500,000 for all assets associated with the Poke Radar application.
Poke Radar is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch at http://apple.co/2ckfAEy and on desktop at http://bit.ly/2bYzelM.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- Cowen Sees the Qualcomm/NXP Semi Deal as 'Transformational' (QCOM) (NXPI)
- UPDATE: Gannett (GCI) -Tronc (TRNC) deal still in doubt as banks said to withdraw financing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!