Global Partners (GLP) Announces Completion of $40M non-Strategic Assets Sale
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Global Partners LP (NYSE: GLP) announced that, through a wholly owned subsidiary, it has completed the previously announced sale of 30 non-strategic gasoline stations and convenience stores in New York and Pennsylvania to Mirabito Holdings, Inc. for approximately $40 million. The transaction includes long-term supply contracts for branded and unbranded gasoline and other petroleum products. Approximately $28 million of the proceeds were used to pay down debt under the Partnership’s revolving credit facility and the balance of the proceeds remain available to pursue like-kind exchange transactions to acquire retail gasoline assets.
“The Mirabito transaction reflects our ongoing focus on monetizing non-strategic retail sites to further strengthen our balance sheet and provide additional flexibility to invest in assets that are fundamental to our growth objectives,” said Global President and Chief Executive Officer Eric Slifka. “At the same time, establishing long-term supply agreements with the purchaser allows us to continue to earn a supply margin.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Moody's Assigns 'Ba3' Rating to Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA); Outlook Stable
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesCrude Oil, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!