Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) Unit and The QYOU Enter Global Distribution Agreement
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) has entered into a global distribution agreement between GEE’s Entertainment in Motion and The QYOU, a leading provider of curated and hosted online short-form content for the Video Everywhere age.
The broad-based deal gives GEE and its affiliated companies access to The QYOU catalog and new production targeting distinct passengers with peppy morning, family afternoon and late-night styled content. The video segments will cover various categories including extreme sports, artist spotlights, dance, beauty, and comedy. Content will be accessible on airline seatback portals and personal entertainment devices enabled by airlines and cruise liners. The agreement grants exclusive and worldwide airline and maritime distribution rights, and non-exclusive distributions rights in other U.S. and Canada non-theatrical markets.
“We’re excited to partner with GEE to deliver world-class digital content to audiences inflight and at sea,” said Curt Marvis, The QYOU’s President and Co-founder. “GEE’s airline and maritime passenger reach coupled with our current viewership will solidify us as the leaders in the Video Everywhere market.”
“The addition of The QYOU is our first agreement for native digital content, which is exploding in popularity,” said Neal Rothman, GEE’s Vice President of Content Distribution. “This new catalog further diversifies the content offered to our customers and allows us to stay ahead of shifting viewership trends.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Neogen Corp. (NEOG) Appoints Dr. Dan Kephart as Its Chief Science Officer
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR) Updates on Imaging Components Business Separation; Will Receive ~$200M
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!