Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) Enters Strategic Content Services Agreement with Qatar Airways
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) announced a strategic, multiyear content service agreement with Qatar Airways.
GEE will provide a suite of core inflight entertainment (IFE) content services, including movies, music, TV and audio on in-cabin and seatback systems aboard 164 of Qatar Airways’ commercial airliners, 8 Qatar Amiri charter aircraft and 12 Qatar Executive business jets.
GEE and Qatar Airways initiated their alliance in 2009 and have since more than doubled the content aboard Qatar Airways flights, which now feature 3,000 content choices. GEE also provides ongoing promotional support of Qatar Airways IFE content through in-house production and Qatar Airways social media channels.
“GEE has the inflight entertainment content solutions and expertise that are central to the development and deployment of the inflight entertainment platform across our Qatar Airways commercial and specialized fleets,” said Salam Al Shawa, senior vice president Marketing and Corporate Communications for Qatar Airways. “Qatar Airways is dedicated to providing a great inflight passenger experience, and our collaborative partnership with GEE will help to ensure our IFE content is relevant, enjoyable and a true differentiator our airline can count on for years to come.”
“This new content services agreement represents exciting inflight entertainment growth opportunities for Qatar Airways and a commitment to provide the best travel experience for its passengers,” said Walé Adepoju, GEE’s executive vice president of Media and Content. “Qatar Airways is greatly enhancing its overall passenger experience by tapping GEE’s unsurpassed IFE content in the sky. We look forward to launching these new services across the Qatar Airways fleet, which is now poised to provide the very latest movies, television and audio programming on regional and international flights.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
- Delta Air Lines (DAL) Names New Chief Communications Officer
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!