Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) Announces Renewal of SeaBird Exploration Contract
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. (Nasdaq: ENT) has signed a multi-year contract renewal for satellite communication services for SeaBird Exploration.
Under the new 36-month agreement, GEE’s EMC service line will provide satellite connectivity to SeaBird’s fleet of six seismic exploration vessels through its global C-band satellite network. EMC is doubling the existing bandwidth available to each of the vessels and is also installing its patented SpeedNet™ web browsing acceleration technology for crew internet access. SpeedNet dramatically reduces download speeds over satellite channels, freeing bandwidth for other traffic.
“This latest renewal is an important validation of the outstanding working relationship we have enjoyed with SeaBird over the last 15 years,” said Gilles Gillesen, EMC’s senior vice president for commercial shipping. “We have a great track record of delivering stable and reliable satellite connectivity with the flexibility to ensure SeaBird’s vessels always have the bandwidth they need to meet the vessels’ mission-critical throughput requirements.”
“We have had a great experience in dealing with the EMC team in Norway,” said Stig Mathiassen, senior ICT manager for Seabird Exploration. “In our business, satellite connectivity uptime is an absolute imperative. EMC’s C-band network gives us a solid and dependable solution and is backed by a superb service team that is available around-the-clock to ensure our ships are always connected.”
Based in Norway, SeaBird is a global provider of seismic exploration services for the oil and gas industry. The company specializes in high-quality operations in the high end of the source vessel and 2D market, as well as in the shallow-water and deep-water 2D and 3D segment.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teekay Offshore Partners (TOO) Says CEO, CFO Peter Evensen to Retire
- Adamas Pharma (ADMS) Announces Submission of ADS-5102 NDA to U.S. FDA as Dyskinesia Treatment in PD Patients
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Says Offshore Nigeria Oil Discovery Has 500M to 1B Barrels of Oil
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!