Gilead (GILD) Terminates Phase 2/3 Study of GS-5745 in Ulcerative Colitis Due to Futility
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: GILD) today announced that the company is stopping its combined Phase 2/3 clinical study of GS-5745, an investigational anti-MMP9 antibody, among patients with moderately to severely active ulcerative colitis. This decision follows a planned interim analysis of unblinded efficacy and safety data by the Data Monitoring Committee (DMC) after the first 150 patients of a planned 1600-patient trial were treated for an 8-week induction duration. The DMC recommended that the study be terminated early due to meeting the pre-specified futility and efficacy criteria. No safety concerns were noted in this interim analysis. Gilead has also reviewed the data and determined that there is insufficient evidence of a treatment benefit in the group of patients randomized to receive either one of two doses of GS-5745.
Separately, a Phase 3 study of GS-5745 is ongoing in patients with gastric cancer, as well as a Phase 2 study in patients with gastric cancer in combination with nivolumab and additional Phase 2 studies in moderately to severely active Crohn’s disease, rheumatoid arthritis and cystic fibrosis. These studies will continue as planned.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): Trial Suspension Impacts Sentiment More Than Revenue - Leerink
- Tesla (TSLA) Taps SunPower's Branderiz as VP of Accounting
- FDA Approves Amgen's (AMGN) Biosimilar to AbbVie's (ABBV) Humira
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot FDA News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!