Gilat Satellite's (GILT) Satellite-Based Cellular Backhaul Solution Selected for Use by Sprint (S)
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Gilat Satellite Networks Ltd. (Nasdaq: GILT) announced today that Sprint (NYSE: S) has selected Gilat’s satellite-based cellular backhaul solution to extend LTE services to metro edge and rural areas in the US.
Sprint expects to deploy Gilat's high-speed Capricorn VSATs as a cellular backhaul solution for rapid deployment of high-quality, reliable, true LTE-over-satellite in underserved areas, and as a solution for special events and Mobile Emergency Response efforts across the United States.
“It is an honor to have been selected by Sprint for their satellite-based LTE network, given the demanding US market reliability and resilience requirements,” added Michal Aharonov, VP Global Accounts & Telecom Services at Gilat. “This achievement further validates Gilat’s proven technological leadership, enabling tier-1 MNOs to provide unprecedented speeds with a lower TCO. Gilat’s superior technology, coupled with affordable HTS space-segment, is creating new broadband opportunities in the US and worldwide.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Says FDA Accepts First BLA for Durvalumab in Bladder Cancer with Priority Review
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!