Genesee & Wyoming (GWR) Completes A$1.14B Glencore Rail Acquisition
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (G&W) (NYSE: GWR) announced today that Genesee & Wyoming Australia (GWA) has completed the acquisition of Glencore Rail (GRail) for A$1.14 billion and has concurrently issued a 49% equity stake in GWA to funds and clients managed by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets (MIRA).
In conjunction with the acquisition of the GRail business, which includes nine train sets (30 locomotives and 894 wagons), a long-term, take-or-pay contract with Glencore Coal Pty Limited (GC) has been entered into, subject to existing agreements and certain limitations, to exclusively haul all coal produced at GC’s existing mines in the Hunter Valley to the Port of Newcastle.
The acquisition strengthens GWA’s nationwide footprint in Australia, adding a significant presence in the Hunter Valley coal supply chain and complementing GWA’s existing intermodal, agricultural and mining business in South Australia and the Northern Territory.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!