General Motors (GM) Recalls ~4.3M Vehicles Related Front Air Bag Issue
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
GM is said to be recalling over 4.3 million vehicles related to air bag software defect, according to various reports.
Additionally, the NHTSA posted the following to its website on Friday:
RECALL Subject : Frontal Air Bags May Not Deploy
Report Receipt Date: SEP 08, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V651000
Component(s): AIR BAGS , SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected: 3,640,162
General Motors LLC (NYSE: GM) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 3500 HD, Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Sierra 2500 HD and 3500 HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles and 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500, Trax, Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicle, GMC Sierra 1500, Buick Encore, and 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV and SS vehicles. In the affected vehicles, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash.
A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 16007.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!