General Motors (GM) Recalls ~4.3M Vehicles Related Front Air Bag Issue
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GM is said to be recalling over 4.3 million vehicles related to air bag software defect, according to various reports.
Additionally, the NHTSA posted the following to its website on Friday:
RECALL Subject : Frontal Air Bags May Not Deploy
Report Receipt Date: SEP 08, 2016
NHTSA Campaign Number: 16V651000
Component(s): AIR BAGS , SEAT BELTS
Potential Number of Units Affected: 3,640,162
General Motors LLC (NYSE: GM) is recalling certain model year 2015-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD, 3500 HD, Tahoe, Suburban, GMC Sierra 2500 HD and 3500 HD, GMC Yukon, GMC Yukon XL, Cadillac Escalade and Cadillac Escalade ESV vehicles and 2014-2017 Chevrolet Corvette, Silverado 1500, Trax, Caprice Police Pursuit Vehicle, GMC Sierra 1500, Buick Encore, and 2014-2016 Buick Lacrosse, Chevrolet Spark EV and SS vehicles. In the affected vehicles, certain driving conditions may cause the air bag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software to activate a diagnostic test. During this test, deployment of the frontal air bags and the seat belt pretensioners would not occur in the event of a crash.
A failure of the front air bags or seat belt pretensioners to deploy in the event of a crash necessitating deployment increases the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will reflash the SDM software. Vehicles that have had a previous air bag deployment will have the SDM replaced. These repairs will be performed free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300, Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020, or GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 16007.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: GM (GM) U.S. Sales Rose 10.2% in November 2016, Outpacing Views
- BeiGene (BGNE) Presents Updated BGB-3111 Phase 1 Data in CLL/SLL; Strong ORR and PFS Noted
- Novo Nordisk (NVO) Files Semaglutide NDA with U.S. FDA as T2D Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!