General Motors (GM) China Sales Rose 18% in August
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
General Motors (NYSE: GM) and its joint ventures delivered an August record 293,537 vehicles in China, which was up 18 percent year over year. The Cadillac, Buick, Chevrolet and Baojun brands reached all-time highs for the month.
“Our mainstream passenger car entries drove our sales momentum,” said GM Executive Vice President and GM China President Matt Tsien. “We are looking to build on our success by adding another five new and refreshed models in the final four months.”
Cadillac deliveries in August advanced 93 percent year over year to 9,914 units. Deliveries of the ATS-L luxury sedan and XT5 luxury crossover both exceeded 3,000 units. Sales of the XTS luxury sedan increased 65 percent from the same period a year earlier.
Buick deliveries in August rose 23 percent on an annual basis to 94,188 units, led by the Excelle GT sedan. The Envision SUV maintained its strong growth as well, with deliveries increasing 53 percent on an annual basis. Deliveries of the Verano family exceeded 13,000 units.
Chevrolet deliveries increased year over year to 38,706 units in August, led by demand of over 19,000 units for the Cruze family. The nameplate benefited from the arrival of the all-new Cruze in July. Chevrolet launched the Cavalier compact midsize family sedan last week and will introduce the sixth generation of its iconic Camaro muscle car later this month.
Baojun deliveries in August reached 51,099 units, an increase of 41 percent year over year. Sales of the Baojun 730 MPV and Baojun 560 SUV were up 37 percent and 52 percent respectively from the previous August.
Wuling deliveries continued to grow last month, despite the challenging market environment for the mini-commercial vehicle segment. Deliveries rose 8 percent year over year to 99,589 units, mainly driven by the strong performance of the Hong Guang MPV family.
In the first eight months of 2016, GM and its joint ventures’ deliveries in China increased 8.1 percent year over year to a record 2,374,542 units.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Pfizer (PFE), Astellas Announce FDA Approval of Updated XTANDI Label for Adv. Prostate Cancer
- McDonald's (MCD) Q3 Revenue, Comps Top Views
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!