General Electric (GE) Sells Remaining Minority Stake in Hyundai Capital Services
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GE (NYSE: GE) announced that it has completed the sale of its remaining 20% stake in the Hyundai Capital Services (HCS) joint venture through a structured asset-backed security, representing aggregate ending net investment (ENI) of approximately $0.8 billion as at the end of the third quarter of 2016.
“As we continue to sell most of the assets of GE Capital, we are working with our joint venture partners such as Hyundai Capital to find solutions that work best for all parties,” said Rich Laxer, GE Capital Chairman and CEO. “Hyundai has been a strong partner for us over the last 12 years with the joint venture providing tremendous value for customers,” he added.
As previously announced, GE has embarked on a strategy to create a simpler, more valuable company by reducing the size of its financial businesses and by focusing on continued investment and growth in its world-class industrial businesses. GE will retain the financing businesses that relate directly to GE’s industrial businesses.
Since the April 2015 announcement, GE Capital has signed agreements for the sale of approximately $193 billion of businesses and has closed approximately $175 billion of those transactions. GE Capital plans to have largely completed the process of selling approximately $200 billion of businesses by the end of 2016 and believes it is on track to deliver approximately $35 billion of dividends to GE under this plan.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) to Acquire Majority Stake in Concept Laser GmbH for $599M
- Sotheby's (BID) Announces Acquisition of The Mei Moses Art Indices
- GasLog Partners (GLOP) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Enters Agreement to Acquire GasLog Seattle
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!