General Electric (GE) Completes India Commercial Lending and Leasing Unit Sale
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GE (NYSE: GE) announced that it has completed the sale of its Commercial Lending and Leasing business in India to a consortium of former GE Capital executives led by Pramod Bhasin and Anil Chawla and backed by AION Capital Partners. The transaction represents ending net investment (ENI) of approximately $0.4 billion as of the end of the second quarter of 2016.
“We’re pleased to complete the sale of our commercial finance business in India to a well-regarded ownership team,” said Rich Laxer, GE Capital CEO. “As we continue to execute on our strategy to significantly reduce the size of GE Capital, we wish our commercial finance employees in India the very best.”
GE continues to be a long-term player in India with over 18,500 employees across the transportation, aviation, energy, healthcare and financial services sectors, and is committed to partnering with India in its growth and development.
As previously announced, GE is focusing on its high-value industrial businesses and is selling most of GE Capital’s assets. GE will retain the financing verticals that relate directly to GE’s industrial businesses. Since the April 2015 announcement, GE Capital has signed agreements for the sale of approximately US$192 billion of businesses and has closed approximately US$170 billion of those transactions. GE Capital plans to have largely completed the process of selling approximately $200 billion of businesses by the end of 2016 and believes it is on track to deliver approximately US$35 billion of dividends to GE under this plan.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- J2 Global (JCOM) Unit Enters Agreement to Acquire Everyday Health (EVDY) in $465M Deal
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!