General Electric (GE) Completes GE Capital Interbanca Share Sale; Represents ENI of $3.6B
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
GE (NYSE: GE) has sold its shares in GE Capital Interbanca S.p.A in Italy to Banca IFIS S.p.A. This transaction represents ending net investment (ENI) of approximately US$3.6 billion as of the end of the third quarter 2016.
“As we continue to execute on our strategy to sell most of GE Capital’s assets, we are pleased to sell our shares in GE Capital Interbanca to Banca IFIS, an established, growth-oriented bank in Italy,” said GE Capital Chairman and CEO Rich Laxer. “We wish our colleagues in Interbanca a successful future as they join Banca IFIS,” he added.
As previously announced, GE is focusing on its high-value industrial businesses and is selling most GE Capital assets. GE will retain the financing verticals that relate directly to GE’s industrial businesses.
Since the announcement in April, 2015, GE Capital has signed agreements for the sale of approximately US$195 billion of businesses and has closed approximately US$186 billion of those transactions, including this one. GE Capital plans to have largely completed the process of selling approximately $200 billion of GE Capital businesses not linked to GE by the end of 2016. GE Capital believes it is on track to deliver about $35 billion of dividends to GE under this plan, subject to regulatory approval.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Updates on Growth Expectations, Initiatives Post-Conduent (CNDT) Spin-off
- UPDATE: Linde to Resume Talks with Praxair (PX); Appoints Belloni as CEO
- 3M Co. (MMM) Enters Agreement to Sell HOYA Vision Care Business
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesTwitter, Dividend
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!