General Electric (GE) Acquires ShipXpress
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
GE Transportation (NYSE: GE) announced its acquisition of ShipXpress, a top provider of cloud-based software solutions that enable transportation, industrial, and commodities businesses to efficiently operate with supply chain partners.
The deal extends GE Transportation’s portfolio of solutions into the logistics value chain, giving it new offerings for shippers, and expanding its ability to deliver information and transaction services for railroad customers around the world. This acquisition also deepens GE Transportation’s domain expertise, enriching the division with a talent pool of nearly 200 industry, technical, and software development experts.
“By combining ShipXpress’ innovative software products with GE’s sensing technology and industrial-strength platform Predix, we’ll deliver the industry’s most advanced, scalable cloud-based solution to accelerate the movement of goods and information, and enhance supply chain performance and customer service,” said Jamie Miller, GE Transportation President and CEO. “Our combined capabilities will help short-line railroads better analyze their rail operations, car accounting and supply chain information, and deliver a data-rich path to ongoing performance improvement, asset and operations optimization.”
"We are thrilled to become part of GE Transportation’s Digital Solutions team and transform the role of rail, truck and other modes of transport in global supply chain management," said Raghu Misra, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of ShipXpress. Added Seth Maerowitz, Co-CEO and Co-Founder of ShipXpress, "Through this integration, we will help our customers achieve the promise of real-time collaboration among trading partners, the industrial internet; greater control, lower costs and increased operational efficiencies."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) Announces Two Patents for Fabrication Process of BrushForm 158
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Announces First Patient Enrolled in Phase 3 Clinical Trial Evaluating Defibrotide for Prevention of VOD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!