Gap to shut all eight Banana Republic stores in UK
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
The Gap store is pictured on Fifth Avenue in New York October 8, 2009. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
(Reuters) - Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS) said it would close all its eight Banana Republic stores in the UK as the struggling apparel retailer focuses on North America to revive its fortunes.
The company said it expects to close majority of the eight stores by the end of this year.
Banana Republic will continue to serve its UK customers through www.bananarepublic.co.uk, Gap said.
The company said in May that it would shut 75 Old Navy and Banana Republic stores overseas.
(Reporting by Jessica Kuruthukulangara in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Morgan Stanley COO Jim Rosenthal to retire at end of year: memo
- Patterson Cos. (PDCO) Appoints New North America VP and New CIO
- Sientra (SIEN) Enters Prelim. Settlement of All Outstanding Class Action Litigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!