Gap to shut all eight Banana Republic stores in UK
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
The Gap store is pictured on Fifth Avenue in New York October 8, 2009. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
(Reuters) - Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS) said it would close all its eight Banana Republic stores in the UK as the struggling apparel retailer focuses on North America to revive its fortunes.
The company said it expects to close majority of the eight stores by the end of this year.
Banana Republic will continue to serve its UK customers through www.bananarepublic.co.uk, Gap said.
The company said in May that it would shut 75 Old Navy and Banana Republic stores overseas.
(Reporting by Jessica Kuruthukulangara in Bengaluru; Editing by Maju Samuel)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
- Orthofix Int'l (OFIX) Confirms SEC Resolution
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Reuters
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!