Gannett (GCI) Had Financing Options for tronc (TRNC) Takeover - Spokesperson
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
A Gannett (NYSE: GCI) spokesperson said it had financing options regarding a potential takeover of tronc, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRNC) but terminated talks after considering accretion and whether a deal made sense.
Comments from Gannet followed an earlier statement from tronc that suggested that financing was the reason talks failed.
“Gannett had a number of financing options available and determined to terminate discussions with tronc after considering both accretion to shareholders and whether the terms make sense for the company,” said a Gannet spokesperson.
The parties agreed to a purchase price in mid-September and the two sides had been working to finalize the deal, according to an earlier press release from tronc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Hertz Global (HTZ), Localiza to Form Strategic Partnership
- UPDATE: Sanofi (SNY) Said to Explore Counterbid for Actelion Amid Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Talks - Bloomberg
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN) Offers LT Follow-up Data on ADCETRIS in T-Cell Lymphomas; Median CR Duration Not Reached
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!