Gannett (GCI) Had Financing Options for tronc (TRNC) Takeover - Spokesperson
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
A Gannett (NYSE: GCI) spokesperson said it had financing options regarding a potential takeover of tronc, Inc. (Nasdaq: TRNC) but terminated talks after considering accretion and whether a deal made sense.
Comments from Gannet followed an earlier statement from tronc that suggested that financing was the reason talks failed.
“Gannett had a number of financing options available and determined to terminate discussions with tronc after considering both accretion to shareholders and whether the terms make sense for the company,” said a Gannet spokesperson.
The parties agreed to a purchase price in mid-September and the two sides had been working to finalize the deal, according to an earlier press release from tronc.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- Akili, Pfizer (PFE) Report Positive Data from Study to Detect Subtle Cognitive Changes in Healthy Subjects at Risk of Developing AD
- Network-1 Technologies (NTIP) Approves Initial 5c Semi-Annual Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!