Galmed Pharma (GLMD) Names Dr. Liat Hayardeny as Chief Scientific Officer
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Galmed Pharmaceuticals Ltd. (Nasdaq: GLMD) ("Galmed" or the "Company"), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of a once-daily, oral therapy for the treatment of liver diseases, today announced that it has appointed Liat Hayardeny, Ph.D., MBA, as Chief Scientific Officer ("CSO"), effective as of September 7, 2016.
Dr. Hayardeny joins Galmed with 16 years of experience in drug development in the global R&D division at Teva Pharmaceuticals, where she served as Senior Director, Head of Research Scientific Affairs. In that capacity, Dr. Hayardeny established the scientific positioning of Teva's major innovative compounds. In addition, Dr. Hayardeny managed Teva's global research collaborations, as well as publications. Dr. Hayardeny holds a Ph.D. from Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University and a MBA from Recanati Business School at Tel Aviv University.
Allen Baharaff, Galmed's President and Chief Executive Officer stated, "The recruitment of Dr. Hayardeny is a pivotal move for Galmed. The addition of Dr. Hayardeny signifies our commitment to building a capable and experienced leadership team in drug development aimed towards delivering Aramchol™ to its next phase of clinical development, and into new therapeutic indications."
Dr. Hayardeny added, "Spearheading Galmed's efforts in pursuing Aramchol™'s unique dual mechanism-of-action to further indications is an exciting opportunity. It's well established that Stearoyl-CoA desaturase-1, or SCD1, is one of the central metabolic pathways regulating the metabolism of fatty acids. I believe Aramchol™, a unique modulator of SCD1, has therapeutic potential well beyond that of fatty liver diseases. I'm privileged to bring my skills, interests and experience to Galmed, and look forward to seeing the company through this exciting time of growth," concluded Dr. Hayardeny.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Teva Pharma (TEVA) Appoints New Global Generic Medicines Group CEO; FY16 Guidance Affirmed
- Ingersoll-Rand (IR) Director Elaine Chao to Resign After Being Tapped by Trump Admin.
- Alnylam Pharma (ALNY) Announces Presentation of Updated Results from Phase 1/2 Study of ALN-CC5
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!