Galapagos NV (GLPG) Says Regulatory Discussions Over DIVERSITY Phase 3 Completed
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Galapagos NV (Nasdaq: GLPG) reports the successful completion of discussions with the regulatory authorities in the US and Europe to initiate the DIVERSITY Phase 3 study in Crohn's disease and the SELECTION Phase 2b/3 study in ulcerative colitis with filgotinib. Both studies will investigate efficacy and safety of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once-daily compared to placebo in patients with moderately to severely active disease including those with prior antibody therapy failure. First dosing is expected in Q4'16.
Both studies will recruit approximately 1,300 patients each from the US, Europe, Latin America, Canada, and Asia/Pacific. The SELECTION Phase 2b/3 study in ulcerative colitis will include a futility analysis, serving as the Phase 2b part of this integrated Phase 2b/3 study. Men and women in both the SELECTION and DIVERSITY studies will be randomized to receive placebo, 100 mg or 200 mg filgotinib. In the US, males may receive 200 mg if they failed at least one anti-TNF and vedolizumab. The filgotinib Phase 3 program will also contain a dedicated male patient testicular safety study.
"The outcome of the discussions with US and national European regulatory authorities enables our collaboration partner Gilead to further evaluate filgotinib in IBD," said Dr Piet Wigerinck, Chief Scientific Officer at Galapagos. "The improvements in clinical signs, quality of life, and endoscopy in Crohn's patients reported in the FITZROY Phase 2 study support this next step."
Galapagos and Gilead entered into a global collaboration for the development and commercialization of filgotinib in inflammatory indications. Gilead initiated the FINCH Phase 3 program in rheumatoid arthritis in August 2016.
Filgotinib is an investigational therapy and its efficacy and safety have not been established.
For information about the studies with filgotinib in IBD: www.clinicaltrials.govFor more information about filgotinib: www.glpg.com/filgotinib
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Presents Strong Data from Brigatinib ALTA Trial in ALK+ NSCLC
- Voyager Therapeutics (VYGR) Announces Clinically Meaningful Interim Phase 1b Trial of VY-AADC01 Data
- Vera Bradley (VRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Offers Light Q4 Outlook; Enters New Licensing Agreements
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!