Galapagos NV (GLPG) Doses First Patient in Filgotinib Phase 3 as Crohn's Disease Treatment
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Galapagos NV (NASDAQ: GLPG) reports the first dosing of a patient in the DIVERSITY Phase 3 study with filgotinib in Crohn's disease (CD). The start of the DIVERSITY study triggers a $50 million milestone payment from Gilead.
The worldwide DIVERSITY Phase 3 study will investigate efficacy and safety of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once-daily compared to placebo in 1,320 patients with moderately to severely active Crohn's disease, including those with prior biological therapy failure.
"With the FITZROY Phase 2 study, Galapagos demonstrated that filgotinib has a promising efficacy and safety profile in Crohn's disease. The start of the Phase 3 DIVERSITY study is good news for patients with Crohn's disease," said Dr Piet Wigerinck, CSO of Galapagos. "We look forward to seeing the results of DIVERSITY."
Galapagos and Gilead entered into a global collaboration for the development and commercialization of filgotinib in inflammatory indications. In addition to the DIVERSITY study, Gilead initiated the FINCH Phase 3 program in rheumatoid arthritis in August 2016 and is expected to start the SELECTION Phase 2b/3 study in ulcerative colitis later this quarter.
Filgotinib is an investigational drug and its efficacy and safety have not been established.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Abiomed (ABMD) Receives Expanded PMA from FDA for Impella Heart Pump
- Exclusive: U.S. regulator set to fail Wells Fargo on community lending test -sources
- Air Transport Services Group (ATSG) Announces ABX Air Motion Converted to Preliminary Injunction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!