Galapagos NV (GLPG) Doses First Patient in DIVERSITY Phase 3 Crohn's Disease Study; Earns $50M Milestone from Gilead (GILD)
- Wall St. edges higher, supported by banks, telecoms
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Galapagos NV (NASDAQ: GLPG) reports the first dosing of a patient in the DIVERSITY Phase 3 study with filgotinib in Crohn's disease (CD). The start of the DIVERSITY study triggers a $50 million milestone payment from Gilead (NASDAQ: GILD).
The worldwide DIVERSITY Phase 3 study will investigate efficacy and safety of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once-daily compared to placebo in 1,320 patients with moderately to severely active Crohn's disease, including those with prior biological therapy failure.
"With the FITZROY Phase 2 study, Galapagos demonstrated that filgotinib has a promising efficacy and safety profile in Crohn's disease. The start of the Phase 3 DIVERSITY study is good news for patients with Crohn's disease," said Dr Piet Wigerinck, CSO of Galapagos. "We look forward to seeing the results of DIVERSITY."
Galapagos and Gilead entered into a global collaboration for the development and commercialization of filgotinib in inflammatory indications. In addition to the DIVERSITY study, Gilead initiated the FINCH Phase 3 program in rheumatoid arthritis in August 2016 and is expected to start the SELECTION Phase 2b/3 study in ulcerative colitis later this quarter.
Filgotinib is an investigational drug and its efficacy and safety have not been established.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- CTI BioPharma (CTIC) Presents Statistically Significant Data from PERSIST-2 at ASH 2016
- Galapagos increases share capital through warrant exercises
- Neovasc (NVCN) Updates on Tiara TMV Program; Reports Technical Success Rate of 86%
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!