Galapagos NV (GLPG) Doses First Patient in DIVERSITY Phase 3 Crohn's Disease Study; Earns $50M Milestone from Gilead (GILD)
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Galapagos NV (NASDAQ: GLPG) reports the first dosing of a patient in the DIVERSITY Phase 3 study with filgotinib in Crohn's disease (CD). The start of the DIVERSITY study triggers a $50 million milestone payment from Gilead (NASDAQ: GILD).
The worldwide DIVERSITY Phase 3 study will investigate efficacy and safety of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once-daily compared to placebo in 1,320 patients with moderately to severely active Crohn's disease, including those with prior biological therapy failure.
"With the FITZROY Phase 2 study, Galapagos demonstrated that filgotinib has a promising efficacy and safety profile in Crohn's disease. The start of the Phase 3 DIVERSITY study is good news for patients with Crohn's disease," said Dr Piet Wigerinck, CSO of Galapagos. "We look forward to seeing the results of DIVERSITY."
Galapagos and Gilead entered into a global collaboration for the development and commercialization of filgotinib in inflammatory indications. In addition to the DIVERSITY study, Gilead initiated the FINCH Phase 3 program in rheumatoid arthritis in August 2016 and is expected to start the SELECTION Phase 2b/3 study in ulcerative colitis later this quarter.
Filgotinib is an investigational drug and its efficacy and safety have not been established.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galapagos increases share capital through warrant exercises
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Senseonics Holdings (SENS) Enters Expanded Distribution Agreement with Roche (RHHBY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!