Galapagos NV (GLPG) Announces Initiation of FINCH Filgotinib Phase 3 Program in RA
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Galapagos NV (Euronext & NASDAQ: GLPG) reports the initiation of the FINCH global Phase 3 program investigating the efficacy and safety of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once daily, in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patient populations, ranging from early stage to biologic-experienced patients.
The FINCH program includes three studies with filgotinib. FINCH 1 is a 52-week, randomized, placebo- and adalimumab-controlled study in combination with methotrexate (MTX) in an expected 1,650 patients who have had inadequate response to MTX. The primary endpoint is ACR20 at week 12. The study will also include radiographic assessment at weeks 24 and 52.
FINCH 2 is a 24-week, randomized, placebo-controlled study in an expected 423 patients who are on conventional disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (cDMARD), and have had an inadequate response to biological treatment. The primary endpoint is ACR20 at week 12.
FINCH 3 is a 52-week, randomized study in an expected 1,200 MTX-naïve patients to study filgotinib in combination with MTX, as well as monotherapy. The primary endpoint is ACR20 at week 24. Radiographic progression will also be assessed.
"The FINCH program, led by our collaboration partner Gilead Sciences, Inc., is designed to enable a comprehensive evaluation of 100 mg and 200 mg filgotinib once daily in early stage to biologic-resistant RA patient populations," said Piet Wigerinck, Chief Scientific Officer at Galapagos. "Preparations are well underway to also initiate studies with filgotinib in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis in Q4 of this year."
The FINCH program in RA will be conducted in the United States and Europe to start, with other regions to follow. For more information, visit www.clinicaltrials.gov.
Galapagos and Gilead have entered into a global collaboration for the development and commercialization of filgotinib for inflammatory indications. Filgotinib is an investigational agent and its safety and efficacy have not been established. For more information, check www.glpg.com/filgotinib.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Galapagos increases share capital through warrant exercises
- Celgene (CELG) to Acquire Acetylon Pharmaceuticals
- Ignyta (RXDX) to Offer Entrectinib Combo Update in TRK Inhibition in Late-Breaking Presentation at 2016 EORTC-NCI-AACR
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!