GEO Group (GEO) Reports BOP Extension of Ray James Correctional Facility Contract
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
The GEO Group, Inc. (NYSE: GEO) announced that the Federal Bureau of Prisons (the “BOP”) has extended its contract for the company-owned D. Ray James Correctional Facility (the “Facility”) for a renewal term through September 30, 2018 under its existing ten-year contract which is effective through September 30, 2022.
George C. Zoley, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of GEO, said, “We are very appreciative of the continued confidence placed in our company by the Federal Bureau of Prisons with this important contract renewal. Our company-owned D. Ray James Correctional Facility provides cost-effective, high-quality services on behalf of the Federal Bureau of Prisons. We believe that this contract renewal is indicative of the BOP’s continued focus on quality as it evaluates its current privately-operated facilities.”
GEO has had a long standing private-public partnership with the BOP that dates back to the 1990s. At the federal level, GEO’s facilities have a proven track record of providing cost-effective, high quality services. GEO looks forward to a continued partnership with the Federal Bureau of Prisons at the D. Ray James Correctional Facility and to continuing its efforts to provide industry-leading offender rehabilitation programs and reentry services with the objective of reducing recidivism and ensuring individuals successfully transition back into local communities.
GEO provides high-quality, diversified services across all segments of the correctional and community reentry services spectrum in the United States as well as internationally.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Acknowledges Receipt of Congressional Letter; Issues Commentary
- Eaton Vance (EV) to Acquire Ameritas Holding's Calvert Investment Management
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!