GE (GE) Boosts Tender Offer for Arcam; Acceptance Period Extended
- S&P little changed as energy weighs but financials edge up
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- Fed's Yellen says 'makes sense' to gradually raise interest rates
- UPDATE: Fed Beige Book: Wages gain modestly in most areas amid tight job market
- Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces FTC Settlement
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GE (NYSE: GE) announced that it has changed the terms of its tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Arcam AB of Sweden, and has extended the acceptance period through 5 p.m. CET on November 10.
GE has increased the offer price for each Arcam share to 300 SEK. GE will not further increase the price of the offer. GE has also reduced the minimum acceptance threshold to 75%.
The Arcam board of directors continues to unanimously recommend that Arcam's shareholders accept GE's offer.
“We have taken further steps to pursue Arcam ownership as we advance our additive strategy,” said David Joyce, GE vice chairman and president and CEO of GE Aviation. “We are delighted to achieve the strategic cornerstone in our additive strategy by announcing today our acquisition of Concept Laser. The Arcam offer is a next step in our strategy. We have become the partner of choice in the additive space and are receiving numerous requests for alternative ways to accelerate our strategy.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alphabet (GOOGL) Buys Twitter (TWTR) Unit Fabric
- Cable ONE (CABO) to Acquire NewWave for $735M
- AMBLIN ENTERTAINMENT AND UNIVERSAL PICTURES PRESENT THE PREMIERE OF "A DOG'S PURPOSE"
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!