GE (GE) Boosts Tender Offer for Arcam; Acceptance Period Extended
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
GE (NYSE: GE) announced that it has changed the terms of its tender offer for all of the outstanding shares of Arcam AB of Sweden, and has extended the acceptance period through 5 p.m. CET on November 10.
GE has increased the offer price for each Arcam share to 300 SEK. GE will not further increase the price of the offer. GE has also reduced the minimum acceptance threshold to 75%.
The Arcam board of directors continues to unanimously recommend that Arcam's shareholders accept GE's offer.
“We have taken further steps to pursue Arcam ownership as we advance our additive strategy,” said David Joyce, GE vice chairman and president and CEO of GE Aviation. “We are delighted to achieve the strategic cornerstone in our additive strategy by announcing today our acquisition of Concept Laser. The Arcam offer is a next step in our strategy. We have become the partner of choice in the additive space and are receiving numerous requests for alternative ways to accelerate our strategy.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- UPDATE: Summit Materials (SUM) Declares Special Stock Dividend of 0.012 Shares
- Teleflex (TFX) to Acquire Vascular Solutions (VASC) in $1B Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!