G&K Services (GK) Receives Shareholder Approval of Proposed Cintas (CTAS) Merger
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
G&K Services, Inc. (Nasdaq: GK) announced that, based on preliminary voting results from its annual meeting of shareholders held earlier today, the company’s shareholders have approved the proposed merger with Cintas Corporation (Nasdaq: CTAS).
Based on preliminary vote results, approximately 99 percent of the G&K Services’ shares that were voted at the annual meeting were cast in favor of the merger, representing approximately 87 percent of G&K’s outstanding stock as of the record date. The final vote results, including the results of the other proposals presented at the G&K Services’ Annual Meeting of Shareholders, will be available on a Current Report on Form 8-K that the company plans to file with the Securities Exchange Commission.
“Today’s vote demonstrates the strong support for this transaction,” said Douglas A. Milroy, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. “This is a significant step toward closing the merger, and, on behalf of the G&K’s board, I’d like to thank our shareholders for their support.”
G&K Services continues to expect the merger to close not later than the second quarter of calendar year 2017, subject to obtaining required regulatory approvals and other customary closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Sonoco (SON) Affirms FY16 Outlook; Guides FY17 EPS Below Views
- Neovasc (NVCN) Agrees to Sell Tissue Processing Tech to Boston Scientific (BSX) in $75M Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!