Frontline (FRO), STX Terminate Four VLCC Newbuilding Contracts
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Frontline Ltd. (NYSE: FRO) announced that it has entered into an agreement with STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. ("STX") to terminate contracts for four VLCC newbuildings due for delivery in 2017. The contracted price of these vessels was $364.3 million, of which the company has made instalment payments of $45.5 million. Following the contract terminations, the Company has been released of any and all obligations relating to the contracts, and received all instalment payments made to STX, less a $0.5 million cancellation fee per vessel.
The Company believes the market will continue to present attractive opportunities, and we will assess on-the-water and resale assets, which are at historically low prices. Frontline's low cash breakeven levels, and access to attractively priced capital, gives the Company significant operating leverage and positions Frontline to take advantage of price dislocations in the market.
Following the terminations, Frontline's fleet consists of 73 vessels, including newbuildings, with an aggregate capacity of approximately 13.5 million dwt. The Company's fleet is comprised of 25 VLCCs, 22 Suezmax tankers, 22 LR2/aframax tankers and one MR. In addition, we have three MR tankers chartered in on short term contracts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Synergy Resources (SYRG) Offers Prelim. Q3 Results; Daily Production Fell 10%
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!