Frontline (FRO), STX Terminate Four VLCC Newbuilding Contracts
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Frontline Ltd. (NYSE: FRO) announced that it has entered into an agreement with STX Offshore & Shipbuilding Co., Ltd. ("STX") to terminate contracts for four VLCC newbuildings due for delivery in 2017. The contracted price of these vessels was $364.3 million, of which the company has made instalment payments of $45.5 million. Following the contract terminations, the Company has been released of any and all obligations relating to the contracts, and received all instalment payments made to STX, less a $0.5 million cancellation fee per vessel.
The Company believes the market will continue to present attractive opportunities, and we will assess on-the-water and resale assets, which are at historically low prices. Frontline's low cash breakeven levels, and access to attractively priced capital, gives the Company significant operating leverage and positions Frontline to take advantage of price dislocations in the market.
Following the terminations, Frontline's fleet consists of 73 vessels, including newbuildings, with an aggregate capacity of approximately 13.5 million dwt. The Company's fleet is comprised of 25 VLCCs, 22 Suezmax tankers, 22 LR2/aframax tankers and one MR. In addition, we have three MR tankers chartered in on short term contracts.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UDR, Inc. (UDR) Appoints New CFO
- Ring Energy (REI) Plans Common Stock Offering
- FRO - Q3 2016 Presentation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!