Fresenius Medical Care (FMS) Says 66 Abstracts Slated for Presentation at ASN
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Fresenius Medical Care North America (FMCNA), the continent’s leading provider of kidney care products and services, today announced that the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) accepted a total of 66 abstracts authored by the company’s researchers, clinicians, and caregivers for presentation at the 2016 Kidney Week Meeting and publication in the Abstract Supplement of Journal of the American Society of Nephrology (JASN). The general meeting is scheduled from November 17th through November 20th in Chicago and is expected to attract more than 13,000 leading kidney professionals from around the world.
“The unmatched breadth and depth of our clinical research plays an important role in advancing the scientific understanding of renal and chronic disease care and demonstrates our commitment to improving the lives of our patients,” said Dr. Frank Maddux, FMCNA Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President for Clinical and Scientific Affairs. “Our research endeavors draw on the strength of the FMCNA global research footprint, and are a distinct competitive advantage in our ability to innovate the future of integrated renal care.”
Of the 66 abstracts to be presented from Fresenius Medical Care globally, 56 originate from Fresenius Medical Care North America, with an additional 10 abstracts presented as Fresenius Medical Care sponsored research. Overall, 76 abstracts associated with Fresenius Medical Care will be displayed at the ASN 2016 Kidney Week symposium.
These presentations are efforts aimed to enhance quality of life and outcomes of care delivered to patients with chronic kidney diseases and fall into eight categories:
- Using science and technology to improve patient outcomes
- Characterizing and enhancing renal care in incident dialysis
- Implementing initiatives to improve vascular access care in hemodialysis patients
- Leveraging coordinated and transitional care initiatives to better health outcomes
- Identifying disparities and customizing therapies to the patients’ geographic locations
- Discerning patient profiles during progression from CKD to ESRD
- Understanding psychosocial parameters in renal disease and associations in outcomes
- Designing and utilizing predictive models for enhancement of renal care paradigms
Highlights of key presentations at the ASN Kidney Week Meeting involving the organization’s staff include:
- Quantifying Risk of Increased All-Cause Hospitalization for Adult Hemodialysis Patients Who Skipped Seasonal Flu Vaccination. This study investigated the impact of missing or refusing annual inoculation against seasonal influenza on hospitalization rates and risk. This oral presentation (FR-OR079) will be given by Nien-Chen Li, MS, MPH Biostatistician, Custom Reporting and Data Analysis, FMCNA.
- Geography, Life Expectancy in the General Population, and the Age of Mortality in Dialysis Patients. This study investigated whether geographical disparities exist for the age of mortality in dialysis patients and compared them to the respective life expectancy of the general population. This poster (SA-PO928) will be presented by Peiran “Peter” Yu, MA, Data Scientist, Integrated Care Analytics, FMCNA.
- Central Venous Oxygen Saturation as a Novel Means to Monitor Arterio-Venous Fistula Maturation. This study investigated whether the central venous oxygen saturation changes in hemodialysis patients proximal to the creation and maturation of arteriovenous fistula. This poster (TH-PO1088) will be presented by Israel Campos, MD, Senior Research Fellow, Renal Research Institute.
- Profiles of Quality of Life in Home and In-Center Dialysis Patients in a Large National Population. This study investigated if Kidney Disease Quality of Life (KDQOL) survey scores differ among dialysis patients treated by a home modality versus those treated by in-center hemodialysis. This poster (SA-PO1127) will be presented by FMCNA’s collaborator Nwamaka Eneanya, MD, MPH, Investigator, Division of Nephrology, Massachusetts General Hospital.
FMCNA research is an ongoing endeavor throughout the year: in the first quarter of 2016 alone, FMCNA had 20 published journal articles, and since 2015, its research has included more than 125 abstracts accepted, involving the contributions of more than 1,200 FMCNA staff members. As the largest and most comprehensive integrated renal care company in North America, FMCNA is unmatched in its ability to gather and analyze immense amounts of patient data from within the company’s own care ecosystem.
With the nature of dialysis care allowing FMCNA to collect large amounts of patient data during routine treatments, the company has collected data on more than 1 million patients, including data on more than 250 million dialysis treatments, more than 1 billion medication administrations and over 1 billion laboratory results.
“Research, data and analytics are the innovation engines that inform every aspect of our direct patient care, quality improvement programs, coordinated care delivery and care integration,” Maddux said. “The researchers at Fresenius Medical Care are helping to create the very roadmap that will continue to drive the future of renal care.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Sonoco (SON) Reports Price Increase for Paperboard Tubes and Cores
- Paychex (PAYX) Names Thomas Bonadio to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!