Freeport-McMoran (FCX) Completes $2.65B TFHL Stake Sale
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced that it has completed the indirect sale of its 70 percent interest in TF Holdings Limited (“TFHL”) to China Molybdenum Co., Ltd. for $2.65 billion in cash. TFHL is a Bermuda holding company that indirectly owns an 80 percent interest in Tenke Fungurume Mining S.A. (Tenke) located in the Democratic Republic of Congo. FCX had a 70 percent interest in TFHL and an effective 56 percent interest in Tenke.
FCX plans to use net proceeds from the transaction of approximately $2.65 billion to repay indebtedness, half of which will be used to repay borrowings under FCX's unsecured bank term loan.
Under the terms of the agreement, FCX could also receive contingent consideration of up to $120 million in cash, consisting of $60 million if the average copper price exceeds $3.50 per pound and $60 million if the average cobalt price exceeds $20 per pound, both during calendar years 2018 and 2019.
FCX is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with an industry-leading global portfolio of mineral assets. FCX is the world's largest publicly traded copper producer.
FCX’s portfolio of assets includes the Grasberg minerals district in Indonesia, one of the world's largest copper and gold deposits, and significant mining operations in the Americas, including the large-scale Morenci minerals district in North America and the Cerro Verde operation in South America. Additional information about FCX is available on FCX's website at "fcx.com."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FirstEnergy (FE) to Sell Four Natural Gas Generating Plants in Pennsylvania for $925M
- Spirit AeroSystems (SPR) mulls outsourcing up to 85 U.S. supply chain jobs, possibly overseas - Reuters
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Announces Departure of CFO Bret Eckert
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!