Freeport-McMoran (FCX) Completes $1.5B ATM Equity Offering; 1.44B Shares Outstanding Following Offering
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced today the completion of its at-the-market offering of common stock announced on July 27, 2016. FCX raised $1.5 billion in gross proceeds through the sale of 116.5 million shares of FCX common stock in open market transactions since July 28, 2016. The shares were issued pursuant to FCX’s shelf registration statement.
Richard C. Adkerson, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “The completion of this offering, together with $6.6 billion in previously announced asset sale transactions, enables us to restore our balance sheet strength and achieve our stated debt reduction targets. This important milestone represents the successful completion of our plan to generate proceeds for debt repayment through asset sales and the issuance of equity. Our plan was executed in a manner to enable us to retain our industry leading portfolio of high quality, long-lived copper assets. We remain focused on executing our operating plans to generate significant free cash flow and to building long-term values for shareholders.”
After giving effect to this offering, FCX will have approximately 1.44 billion shares of common stock outstanding.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- IBERIABANK Corp. (IBKC) Prices 3.13M Share Common Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$255M
- Fairmount Santrol (FMSA) Pirices Larger 20M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $175M
- Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) PT Raised to $18 at UBS on Copper Outlook, But Grasberg Risk Remains
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!