Freeport-McMoran (FCX) Completes $1.5B ATM Equity Offering; 1.44B Shares Outstanding Following Offering
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Freeport-McMoRan Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced today the completion of its at-the-market offering of common stock announced on July 27, 2016. FCX raised $1.5 billion in gross proceeds through the sale of 116.5 million shares of FCX common stock in open market transactions since July 28, 2016. The shares were issued pursuant to FCX’s shelf registration statement.
Richard C. Adkerson, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, “The completion of this offering, together with $6.6 billion in previously announced asset sale transactions, enables us to restore our balance sheet strength and achieve our stated debt reduction targets. This important milestone represents the successful completion of our plan to generate proceeds for debt repayment through asset sales and the issuance of equity. Our plan was executed in a manner to enable us to retain our industry leading portfolio of high quality, long-lived copper assets. We remain focused on executing our operating plans to generate significant free cash flow and to building long-term values for shareholders.”
After giving effect to this offering, FCX will have approximately 1.44 billion shares of common stock outstanding.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Frontline (FRO) Says Thinking About Offering $100M of Common Stock
- Starwood Property Trust (STWD) Prices 17.8M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of ~$394.3M
- Recro Pharma (REPH) Plans Offering of Common Stock
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Equity Offerings
Related EntitiesEquity Offerings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!