Forward Air (FWRD) Cuts Q3 Outlook; Lower Freight Volume Noted
- Wall Street flat as banks gain, utilities drag
- Equinix (EQIX) Announces $3.6B Acquisition of Data Center Portfolio from Verzion (VZ)
- Deal Progress Said to Slow as Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Puts Actelion (ALIOY) Under Microscope - Source
- Trump Wants to Cancel New Air Force One Order with Boeing (BA)
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Forward Air Corporation (Nasdaq: FWRD) lowered its third-quarter 2016 year-over-year revenue growth guidance range to -2% to +2% from a previously announced range of 1% to 5%. The Company also lowered its adjusted income guidance range to $0.48 to $0.52 per diluted share from a previously announced range of $0.61 to $0.65. The change in the Company’s revenue and adjusted income guidance was driven by lower freight volumes.
*** The Street sees Q3 revenue of $253.8 million and EPS of $0.64.
Bruce A. Campbell, Chairman, President, and CEO, commenting on third quarter performance, said, “Since our second quarter earnings call, the economic environment has remained sluggish. While we are seeing the effects across our portfolio, LTL volumes have been noticeably soft. Through Sunday, September 18, our unadjusted year-over-year LTL tonnage per day for the third quarter was down 4.6%. While our yields and margins have held up, we no longer project that we will achieve our previously provided guidance ranges and are adjusting our outlook for the quarter.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- AutoZone (AZO) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Light of Views
- Amyris (AMRS) and Queensland, Australia, Enter Production Hub Agreement
- Toll Brothers (TOL) Posts Improved Q4 Adjusted Pre-Tax Income
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!