Forward Air (FWRD) Cuts Q3 Outlook; Lower Freight Volume Noted
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Forward Air Corporation (Nasdaq: FWRD) lowered its third-quarter 2016 year-over-year revenue growth guidance range to -2% to +2% from a previously announced range of 1% to 5%. The Company also lowered its adjusted income guidance range to $0.48 to $0.52 per diluted share from a previously announced range of $0.61 to $0.65. The change in the Company’s revenue and adjusted income guidance was driven by lower freight volumes.
*** The Street sees Q3 revenue of $253.8 million and EPS of $0.64.
Bruce A. Campbell, Chairman, President, and CEO, commenting on third quarter performance, said, “Since our second quarter earnings call, the economic environment has remained sluggish. While we are seeing the effects across our portfolio, LTL volumes have been noticeably soft. Through Sunday, September 18, our unadjusted year-over-year LTL tonnage per day for the third quarter was down 4.6%. While our yields and margins have held up, we no longer project that we will achieve our previously provided guidance ranges and are adjusting our outlook for the quarter.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Ocean Power Technologies (OPTT) Reports Q2 Loss of $0.25/Share
- Axis Capital (AXS) Approves $1B Buyback of Common Shares
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News, Hot Guidance, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!