Forward Air (FWRD) Acquires Triumph for $10.1M
- Top 10 News for 10/24 - 10/28: AT&T (T), Time Warner Make it Official; Margins Hamper Apple's Q4; Mergers Aplenty
- Wall St. falls as FBI to review more Clinton emails
- Clinton email problem resurfaces as FBI announces review
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Forward Air Corporation (NASDAQ: FWRD) today announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Central States Trucking Co. (“CST”), has acquired substantially all of the assets of Triumph Transport, Inc. and Triumph Repair Service, Inc. (together referred to as “Triumph” in this release). Triumph is a privately held provider of intermodal, drayage and related services headquartered in Cudahy, Wisconsin. The purchase price was $10.1 million, and the transaction was funded by Forward Air’s cash reserves.
During calendar year 2015, Triumph generated approximately $13.4 million in revenue. Triumph is expected to be accretive to Forward Air’s earnings in 2016.
Commenting on the acquisition, Matthew J. Jewell, President of CST, said, “We are pleased to add Triumph to our Intermodal segment. Triumph is a high quality provider of intermodal services and a perfect addition to our Midwest operations. This is the fourth acquisition we have made towards executing our plan to grow our intermodal capabilities and footprint.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- National Healthcare (NHC) Closes AVVC Acquisition; Enters New Credit Facility; Boosts FY16 Outlook
- Salisbury Bancorp, Inc. Reports Solid Results for Third Quarter 2016; Declares 28 Cent Dividend
- European Commission Opens Investigation into Proposed Acquisition of Syngenta (SYT) by ChemChina
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!