Fortress Investment Group (FIG) Acquires Limited Partner Interest in Red Rocks Energy Partners
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: FIG) today announced that certain Fortress managed funds and accounts (“Fortress Credit Funds”) have acquired a limited partner interest in Red Rocks Energy Partners L.P. to own and develop oil and gas assets in over 7,200 acres in the SCOOP play in Grady, McClain, and Garvin Counties, Oklahoma.
Over the last 5 years funds within Fortress’ Credit business (“Fortress Credit”) have invested over $1.5 billion in both debt and equity across the power, renewables, midstream and upstream energy sectors, focused on opportunistic asset level investments. This transaction is the second significant equity investment in exploration and production since the commodity price downturn, following Fortress Credit’s $350 million partnership with IOG Capital, LP to provide drilling capital to high quality operators in the United States. For the Red Rocks transaction, Fortress Credit has partnered directly with a highly experienced operator, Red Rocks Resources LLC, to develop conventional and unconventional assets in an emerging area of the SCOOP. The acquired assets have significant current production, low-risk economic vertical locations and highly economic horizontal drilling opportunities in the prolific Woodford shale.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!