Fortress Investment Group (FIG) Acquires Limited Partner Interest in Red Rocks Energy Partners
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Fortress Investment Group LLC (NYSE: FIG) today announced that certain Fortress managed funds and accounts (“Fortress Credit Funds”) have acquired a limited partner interest in Red Rocks Energy Partners L.P. to own and develop oil and gas assets in over 7,200 acres in the SCOOP play in Grady, McClain, and Garvin Counties, Oklahoma.
Over the last 5 years funds within Fortress’ Credit business (“Fortress Credit”) have invested over $1.5 billion in both debt and equity across the power, renewables, midstream and upstream energy sectors, focused on opportunistic asset level investments. This transaction is the second significant equity investment in exploration and production since the commodity price downturn, following Fortress Credit’s $350 million partnership with IOG Capital, LP to provide drilling capital to high quality operators in the United States. For the Red Rocks transaction, Fortress Credit has partnered directly with a highly experienced operator, Red Rocks Resources LLC, to develop conventional and unconventional assets in an emerging area of the SCOOP. The acquired assets have significant current production, low-risk economic vertical locations and highly economic horizontal drilling opportunities in the prolific Woodford shale.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesHedge Funds, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!