Fortis (FTS) to Trade on NYSE
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Fortis Inc. (TSX: FTS) (NYSE: FTS) announced today that it expects its common shares will commence trading on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") on or about October 14, 2016 under the ticker symbol "FTS." Fortis will retain its listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange ("TSX") under the symbol "FTS."
Fortis announced its intention to list on the NYSE earlier this year in connection with the agreement and plan of merger pursuant to which Fortis will acquire ITC Holdings Corp. ("ITC") in a transaction valued at approximately US$11.3 billion. The transaction is expected to close on or about October 14, 2016. Fortis received approval to list on the NYSE on May 6, 2016. Following the closing of the merger with ITC, approximately 60% of the Corporation's assets will be located in the United States.
"We are excited to see the Fortis ticker run across the NYSE screens, improving access for a broader group of investors and trading activity for Fortis shares in the U.S.," said Barry Perry, President and Chief Executive Officer of Fortis.
The Corporation will celebrate its listing by ringing the NYSE Opening Bell on Tuesday, October 18, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Crown Castle (CCI) Misses Q3 AFFO by 2c, Revenues Beats
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Index Changes, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!