Fortinet (FTNT), KISA Enter Cyber Security Partnership
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) announced that it has signed an agreement with the Korea Internet & Security Agency (KISA) to conduct two-way information sharing on cyber threat intelligence.
- Fortinet and KISA intend to exchange cyber threat intelligence and expertise to conduct research and analysis of Internet incidents in South Korea and determine the appropriate security technology and response required. This is a high impact way to enhance South Korea's cyber resilience and mitigate the vulnerability of attacks.
- The agreement will include exchanges and analysis on various threats and vulnerabilities, including botnets traced to South Korea, malicious domains and URLs, malware samples, as well as zero-day vulnerability research, which Fortinet will provide to KISA to coordinate with affected vendors to patch.
Public and Private Sector Cooperation To Help Fight Cyberattacks
Established in 2009, KISA is dedicated to advancing Korea's Internet industry and ensuring information security. Under the Ministry of Science, ICT & Future Planning (MSIP), KISA is one of South Korea's key government agencies responsible for protecting its private sector against cybersecurity threats.
With an increasing number of offshore attacks creating detrimental impacts to Korean organizations and civilians, cyber threats are a top priority for KISA. The Fortinet and KISA collaboration will boost threat intelligence and information sharing between private and public entities to help ensure the security of networks across South Korea. KISA will benefit from Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs global cyber threat research and analysis, providing South Korean organizations with the actionable intelligence required to prevent cyberattacks.
In addition to its agreement with KISA, Fortinet is actively directing the future of threat intelligence standards and protocols through its ongoing collaboration with global law enforcement, governments, and industry organizations, including NATO, INTERPOL, the Cyber Threat Alliance (CTA) and the OASIS Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) group. These strategic partnerships strengthen global threat data and help combat the future of cybercrime through cooperative information sharing of actionable threat intelligence.
Kee Seung Baik, President and CEO, KISA
"KISA's mission is dedicated to protecting South Korea from cyberattacks. Intelligence is vital to combat these attacks and the future of cyber threats. It is critical that we partner with cybersecurity leaders, like Fortinet, for actionable threat information knowledge and expertise to effectively protect against cyberattacks."
Michael Xie, Founder, President and Chief Technology Officer, Fortinet
"There is a greater mission on the part of every security vendor to make the cyber world safer for business and personal use. Fortinet continues to partner with global organizations like KISA, NATO, and INTERPOL, to share valuable cyber threat intelligence to proactively help stop cyberattacks. Public and private sector partnerships are critical to the future of cybersecurity, as collaborative information sharing will ultimately help define global security standards."
- Learn more about FortiGuard Labs.
- Learn more about the Fortinet Security Fabric.
- Read more about information sharing on our blog.
- Follow Fortinet on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Announces FDA Acceptance of Opdivo sBLA as Treatment for Adv. Bladder Cancer
- Zimmer Biomet (ZBH) Announces Exclusive Global Distribution Agreement with Nextremity Solutions
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!