Forest Oil (FST) to Sell S. Texas Assets in Net $325M Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/15 - 12/19: Russia Raises Rates, Ruble Retreats; U.S., Cuba Get Friendly; Sony Crumbles Under Pressure
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Surprise Q3 Profit; Reports 100% Sequential Growth in BES10 Licenses
- Facebook's (FB) Instagram is Bigger and Better than Twitter (TWTR), Should Be Worth $35 Billion - Citi
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q2 EPS by 4c; Adjusted Futures Orders Rose 11%
- Fed's Williams Says June Good Time to Consider 'Lift-Off'
Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million. The transaction is expected to close on or before February 15, 2013, with an effective date of January 1, 2013, and is subject to customary closing conditions and post-closing purchase price adjustments. The properties produced 66 MMcfe/d (86% natural gas) during the third quarter of 2012, had estimated proved reserves of 272 Bcfe (85% natural gas) as of December 31, 2011, and generated approximately $60 million of lease-level income during 2012. Forest intends to use the proceeds from this divestiture to pay down debt and retains all of its natural gas hedges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Anthem (ANTM) to Acquire Managed Care Company, Simply Healthcare
- China Housing & Land Dev. (CHLN) CFO Resigns for Personal Reasons
- BGC Partners (BGCP) Increases Tender for GFI Group (GFIG) to $5.45 Per Share
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!