Forest Oil (FST) to Sell S. Texas Assets in Net $325M Deal
- Top 10 News for 7/27 - 7/31: Teva Makes it Official with Allergan; China Stock Slide Continues; Revised Q2 GDP Misses Mark
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Posts Q2 EPS of $1.00
- TerraForm Global (GLBL) IPO Opens at $14
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 7/31: (YRCW) (MGI) (HTCH) Higher; (EYEG) (RADA) (OCN) Lower
- UPS (UPS) to Acquire Coyote Logistics in $1.8B Deal
Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million. The transaction is expected to close on or before February 15, 2013, with an effective date of January 1, 2013, and is subject to customary closing conditions and post-closing purchase price adjustments. The properties produced 66 MMcfe/d (86% natural gas) during the third quarter of 2012, had estimated proved reserves of 272 Bcfe (85% natural gas) as of December 31, 2011, and generated approximately $60 million of lease-level income during 2012. Forest intends to use the proceeds from this divestiture to pay down debt and retains all of its natural gas hedges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cintas Corporation (CTAS) to Acquire McKesson's (MCK) ZEE Medical
- Plug Power (PLUG) Announces Completion of HyPulsion JV Acquisition
- Q2 Holdings (QTWO) Acquires Centrix Solutions in $20M Cash Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!