Forest Oil (FST) to Sell S. Texas Assets in Net $325M Deal
- Pfizer, Inc. (PFE) Tops Q2 EPS by 1c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 7/29: (GEVO) (FTR) (WIN) (PLUG) Higher; (KBIO) (HLF) (LOCO) (UPS) Lower (more...)
- Windstream (WIN) Plans to Spin Certain Telecom Assets Into Public REIT
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q2 EPS by 4c; Cuts FY14 EPS Outlook
Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million. The transaction is expected to close on or before February 15, 2013, with an effective date of January 1, 2013, and is subject to customary closing conditions and post-closing purchase price adjustments. The properties produced 66 MMcfe/d (86% natural gas) during the third quarter of 2012, had estimated proved reserves of 272 Bcfe (85% natural gas) as of December 31, 2011, and generated approximately $60 million of lease-level income during 2012. Forest intends to use the proceeds from this divestiture to pay down debt and retains all of its natural gas hedges.
You May Also Be Interested In
- JPMorgan (JPM) to Sell Certain Global Special Opportunities Group Assets Valued at ~$1.3B
- Hospira (HSP) May Acquire Danone's Medical-Nutrition Business in $5B Deal - WSJ
- Dollar General (DG) Declined to Bid on Family Dollar Stores (FDO) - Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!