Forest Oil (FST) to Sell S. Texas Assets in Net $325M Deal
- Applied Materials (AMAT), Tokyo Electron Terminate Merger
- Capgemini to Acquire iGate Corp. (IGTE) for $48/Share
- SunTrust's Peck Downgrades Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) to Neutral
- Celladon's (CLDN) Phase 2b CUPID2 Trial of MYDICAR Missed Primary, Secondary Endpoints
- Credit Suisse Has Increased Confidence in Tesla (TSLA) 2015 Volume
Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE: FST) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell all of its properties located in South Texas, excluding its Eagle Ford Shale oil properties, for after-tax cash proceeds of $325 million. The transaction is expected to close on or before February 15, 2013, with an effective date of January 1, 2013, and is subject to customary closing conditions and post-closing purchase price adjustments. The properties produced 66 MMcfe/d (86% natural gas) during the third quarter of 2012, had estimated proved reserves of 272 Bcfe (85% natural gas) as of December 31, 2011, and generated approximately $60 million of lease-level income during 2012. Forest intends to use the proceeds from this divestiture to pay down debt and retains all of its natural gas hedges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nord Anglia Education (NORD) to Acquire Six Schools from Meritas in $575M Deal
- Ship Finance (SFL) to Acquire Eight Capesize Carriers from Golden Ocean in $272M Deal
- Perfect World Co.,ltd. (PWRD) Enters $20.20/ADS 'Go Private' Transaction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!