Ford Motor (F) Reports 22% Increase in China Sales for August 2016
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Ford and its joint ventures in China have set another record for company performance in August, as sales for the month totaled 96,450 vehicles, up 22 percent compared to August 2015.
Year-to-date sales for Ford, Changan Ford (CAF) and Jiangling Motor Corporation (JMC) have reached nearly 750,000 vehicles, up 8 percent compared to the same time last year.
“We continue to build momentum in China on the strength of the most comprehensive and exciting Ford lineup we have ever offered Chinese customers,” said Peter Fleet, vice president of Marketing, Sales and Service, Asia Pacific. “Our new product surge continues this month with the launch of the new Kuga SUV with SYNC 3.”
Monthly sales for CAF, Ford's passenger car joint venture, totaled 75,228 vehicles, up 26 percent compared to August 2015. So far in 2016 CAF has sold 578,947 vehicles, up 13 percent compared to last year.
Sales of small vehicles helped lead Ford’s strong performance in August, with sales of the new Ford Focus up 92 percent and sales of the Ford Escort up 49 percent compared to August 2015. The Ford Edge was another leader for Ford, with year-to-date sales up more than three-fold. The Taurus, Ford’s flagship sedan, also continues to gain the share in non-premium large sedan segment in China.
JMC, Ford's commercial vehicle investment in China also saw strong August sales, selling 19,951 vehicles, a 16-percent increase compared to August 2015. Year-to-date sales so far total 159,213 vehicles, down 3 percent compared to the same time last year.
Ford Motor Company China Retail Sales Performance
|August 2016||January – August||August 2015||January – August|
|Imported Ford Vehicles||1,271||11,126||2,226||19,325|
Editor’s note: Ford reports retail figures in China. JMC figures exclude export sales. Lincoln sales in China are reported on a quarterly basis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercedes-Benz to launch pickup truck in 2017
- Concordia International (CXRX) Says It's Part of Inquiry by UK's CMA
- Ballard Power (BLDP) Closes China JV Transaction with Synergy; Receives Initial Payments
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!