Ford Motor (F) Expands Door Latch Safety Recall by Additional 1.5M Vehicles
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Ford Motor (NYSE: F) is expanding a previously announced safety recall regarding door latches to include approximately 1,500,000 additional vehicles at the request of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, bringing the total to 2,383,292 vehicles. Affected vehicles include 2013-15 Ford C-MAX and Ford Escape, 2012-15 Ford Focus, 2015 Ford Mustang and Lincoln MKC and 2014-16 Ford Transit Connect.
In the affected vehicles, the pawl spring tab in the side door latch could break. A door latch with a fractured pawl spring tab typically results in a “door-will-not-close” condition. A door that opens while driving increases the risk of injury.
Ford has identified one reported accident and three reported injuries that may be related to this issue.
There are 2,383,292 vehicles affected in this recall, including 2,046,297 in the United States and federalized territories, 233,034 in Canada and 61,363 in Mexico.
Dealers will replace side door latches at no cost to the customer.
Customers who want to know if their vehicle is included in this recall can visit www.ford.com, click on safety recalls at the bottom of the page and enter their vehicle identification number.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Viacom's (VIAB) Paramount, Shanghai Film, Huahua Sign Agreement to Co-Finance Slate of Films - Deadline.com
- W.R. Berkley (WRB) Appoints Mir Mazhar to CPO
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC) Names Jennifer Whip to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!