Ford Motor (F) China Sales Rose 15% in July 2016; YTD Sales up 6%
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Ford and its joint ventures in China continued their strong sales performance with 88,189 vehicles sold in July, up 15 percent compared to July 2015. Year-to-date sales for Ford, Changan Ford (CAF) and Jiangling Motor Corporation (JMC) total 652,836 vehicles, up 6 percent compared to the same time last year.
July sales for CAF, Ford's passenger car joint venture, reached 69,074 vehicles, up 20 percent compared to July 2015. Year-to-date sales for CAF accelerated past the half million mark with 503,719 vehicles sold, up 11 percent compared to last year.
CAF’s strong performance was led by the Ford Escort, which saw July sales up 82 percent, and the new Ford Focus, with monthly sales up 13 percent.
JMC, Ford's commercial vehicle investment in China, sold 17,748 vehicles in July, up 6 percent compared to last year. Year-to-date sales total 139,262 vehicles, down 5 percent.
Ford Motor Company China Retail Sales Performance
|July 2016||January – July||July 2015||January – July|
|Imported Ford Vehicles||1,367||9,855||2,243||17,099|
Editor’s note: Ford reports retail figures versus wholesale figures. The chart above reflects retail figures. JMC figures reflect only sales in China and exclude export sales. Lincoln sales in China are reported on a quarterly basis.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- U.S. auto sales in October expected to drop 7 percent: J.D. Power-LMC
- Dermira (DERM) Presents Data from DRM01 Phase 2b Trial
- NuStar (NS) Announces Agreement to Acquire Crude Oil and Refined Product Terminal Assets from Martin Midstream Partners (MMLP)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Retail Sales
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!