Fluidigm (FLDM) Appoints New CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Fluidigm Corporation (Nasdaq: FLDM) announced that its Board of Directors has appointed S. Christopher Linthwaite as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board of Directors, effective immediately. Linthwaite succeeds Gajus V. Worthington, who has stepped down as the CEO and Board member of Fluidigm.
“We are thrilled to have Chris as a seasoned executive leading Fluidigm to the next phase of its growth,” commented Samuel Colella, Chairman of the Fluidigm Board of Directors. “Also, we are very thankful for Gajus’s 18 years of service. He has been a visionary leader for the company, delivering incredible market innovation and customer engagement.”
Linthwaite joined Fluidigm as President and Chief Operating Officer in August 2016. A life sciences industry veteran, Linthwaite served as a senior business executive with Invitrogen, Life Technologies and Thermo Fisher Scientific. His significant leadership experience in genomics, bioprocessing, forensics, AgBio, and animal health testing underpin a track-record of delivering profitable growth.
“Fluidigm is a highly innovative company with a passion for enabling new breakthroughs in life sciences research and applied markets, and I am honored to lead this remarkable organization,” Linthwaite said. “The opportunity ahead for Fluidigm is immense, and realizing it will require continued focus on customer-centric innovation combined with a commitment to operational excellence. A key part of my role as CEO will be to achieve sustainable growth while delivering high-quality, innovative solutions to our customers. I look forward to spending time with our customers and stockholders later this quarter to discuss our performance and plans in more detail.”
Chris Linthwaite and Vikram Jog, Fluidigm’s Chief Financial Officer, will provide detailed information on third quarter financial performance after the close of the markets on Thursday, November 3, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Accenture (ACN) Announces Completion of DPS Acquisition
- Xerox Corp. (XRX) Appoints New, Post-Separation CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!