Fleetmatics Group (FLTX) Acquires Inosat
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Fleetmatics Group PLC (NYSE: FLTX) announced the acquisition of Inosat – Consultoria Informática, S.A., a SaaS-based provider of fleet management solutions in Portugal. Based in Lisbon, Inosat will add approximately 50,000 vehicles under subscription to Fleetmatics' existing installed base. Terms of the transaction, which closed on September 1, 2016, have not been disclosed.
"Fleetmatics will greatly benefit from Inosat's market leadership in Portugal where it has built a leading brand and strong customer base," said Jim Travers, Fleetmatics CEO and Chairman of the Board. "With Inosat, Fleetmatics is also well-positioned to expand into adjacent geographies such as Spain and new territories in South America where Inosat has an emerging presence."
The Iberian Peninsula, comprised of Portugal and Spain, represents the second largest market for fleet management solutions in Western Europe with over 6 million commercial vehicles according to leading industry analyst firm Berg Insight. Furthermore, the market for fleet management solutions is far less mature in this region compared to other major markets in Europe, creating ample opportunity for growth.
All Inosat employees have joined the Fleetmatics team and will be driving sales and support of Inosat's current fleet management solution, Inofleet, in addition to Fleetmatics REVEAL™. Both products provide world class vehicle tracking and business intelligence solutions designed to help drive savings and improve productivity for virtually any mobile workforce.
"The combination of our success and expertise in Portugal with Fleetmatics' global scale is very powerful," said Jorge Carrilho and Tiago Borges, co-founders of Inosat, who will continue as leaders at Fleetmatics in Portugal. "We share a common vision regarding how to best serve our customers, and together we plan to provide unparalleled time and cost-saving solutions to mobile workforces."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Concordia International (CXRX) CEO to Step Down
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Monster Worldwide (MWW) Issues Response to MediaNews Group; Says Offer Would be 'Far Less' than Randstad's
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!