Fleetcor Technologies, Inc. (FLT) Announces Acquisition of Travelcard Nederland
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
FleetCor Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: FLT) announced that it has acquired Travelcard Nederland B.V., a leading universal fuel card issuer in the Netherlands, from LeasePlan Corporation N.V.
“We are excited to announce this transaction with LeasePlan, one of our most important partners. They have built a terrific business in Travelcard, and we welcome the Travelcard team to FleetCor. This transaction supports our objective of establishing meaningful positions in the largest Continental European countries. We look forward to continuing Travelcard’s success and to marketing it more broadly to a wider audience,” said Ron Clarke, chairman and chief executive officer of FleetCor Technologies, Inc.
Travelcard, founded in 1986 by LeasePlan, issues fuel cards and provides complementary services to its customers to pay for other mobility-related services. Travelcard’s industry-leading products serve the needs of fleet operators and a variety of other businesses in the Netherlands, including some of the country’s largest leasing companies. The company operates its proprietary universal network throughout the Netherlands at nearly all fueling stations as well as significant portions of Belgium and Luxembourg. Travelcard has close to 300 thousand active fuel cards in the market.
The terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carnegie Still Interested in magicJack VocalTec (CALL) Bid
- Microsoft (MSFT) Acquires Maluuba
- Memorial Production Partners (MEMP) Reaches Plan Support Agreement with Lenders as Part of Restructuring
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!